70S-3 Mild Steel MIG Wire
REFERENCESMild Steel Alloys Guide
Aufhauser 70S-3 is a silicon and manganese deoxidized wire for mild and low alloy steel general purpose fabrication. A well balanced silicon and manganese content permits its use with CO2, argon-oxygen mixtures, or mixtures of the two. This wire may be used for short-circuiting arc (dip-transfer), buried arc, as well as spray transfer arc processes. Aufhauser 70S-3 produces quality welds with rimmed steels, better welds on killed steels. It yields an almost slag-free deposit, which does not require cleaning for many applications, thereby providing low plate preparation costs, good bead appearance and welder satisfaction.
- Welding steels with dirty or rusty surface
- (UNS numbers K02600, K02801, K02001, K02700)
- Single-pass welding of killed, semi-killed, and rimmed steels
- May be used for some multi-pass applications
GENERAL INFORMATIONChemical Composition
* The maximum weight of copper due to any coating plus the residual copper content in the steel shall be 0.50.
** Other elements (Ni, Cr, Mo and V) may be present as trace residuals and collectively are not to exceed 0.50.
PHYSICAL and MECHANICAL PROPERTIES†
|Tensile Strength||81,000 psi|
|Average Impact Strength||29%|
† Determined with 100% CO2 shielding gas
SPECIFICATIONS MEET OR EXCEED
|ANSI/AWS A5.18 (ER70S-3)|
STANDARD SIZES AND DIAMETERS
|0.023, 0.030, 0.035, 0.045|